Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Rosetta Peach Passion Review

Brand/Flavor:
Rosetta Peach Passion

Methodology:
-10 to 15 hits per person over 20 minutes
-3 individuals in the circle
-40mm Golden coal, off-center holes with a larger ventilation hole opposite
-Foil rotated a few times per minute
-Ophelia filled with ice water

First Impressions:
When we first opened this in my kitchen, I had to go sit on the porch as the scent was overwhelming. Though difficult to identify at first, this smell is nearly identical to that of peaches and cream instant oatmeal (at least Andrew thinks so). The tobacco itself is a deep red, cut moderate to fine, and quite moist.

Post Mortem:
Since we stopped early (see below), this isn't terribly meaningful, but the tobacco was about half-cooked– still quite moist, and about 75% red.

Pros:
-Thick, fairly smooth smoke

Cons:
-Taste was a weird "peach oatmeal" at best, metallic and seriously unpleasant at its worst
-Very little buzz

Andrew's Thoughts:
I was quite pleased with myself when I identified the scent/flavor as Quaker "Peaches 'n' Cream" Instant Oatmeal, because that is exactly what it is... when it's "good". This shisha swiftly degenerated into alternately metallic and plasticky awfulness. While the smoke itself wasn't harsh and was good for blowing rings and the like, the awful flavor just made this tobacco intolerable, and we hung up the hose after only twenty minutes.

Eric's Thoughts:
I have to say that whenever I see shisha that is bright red, I get a bit nervous. This time, I think my hesitation was well founded. I bought this stuff at a local convenience store (Cousin's, $3/50 g) as an experiment in honey based shisha, and needless to say, it was quite the failed experiment. Not only is the flavor incredibly artificial and acrid, but the reasonable thickness of the smoke barely made up for it. I haven't stopped smoking a bowl halfway through before, but this was one time that Andrew and I simply couldn't take it. It was not pleasant to say the least. I would not suggest buying this to anybody, regardless of experience.

Peanut Gallery:
(Caroline) In addition to tasting like oatmeal, it made me nauseous--something moderately thick smoke just can't make up for.

Conclusion:
If you're interested in thick, smooth, plastic-oatmeal-flavored awfulness, we heartily recommend Rosetta Peach Passion. However, if you don't hate your tastebuds or your friends, stay the hell away.

D+

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

  1. I've had pretty mixed feelings about Rosetta tobacco. I've tried the pomegranate and it definitely smells a lot better than it tastes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't too bad, but I vaguely remember there not being much buzz to it. The kind I have now, Nahkla brand (Rose) is really good with smoke thickness and buzz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll definitely check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I am really inspired from your blog hoping you will be there with more interesting post like this.

    Thanks

    Fumari

    ReplyDelete