Sunday, June 14, 2009

Starbuzz X On The Beach Review

Brand/Flavor:
Starbuzz X on the Beach

Methodology:
-34 hits/person over 50-55 minutes
-3 individuals in the circle
-2 CoCo Naras on standard Mya bowl
-3 hose Mya Staff filled with cold water with a small Heba diffuser

First Impressions:
Bright red, soaked through with molasses. Looks almost like jelly, but this seems to be typical for Starbuzz. Smells very fruity, coconut and peach being most prominent.

Post Mortem:
Almost completely cooked, only a very small amount of color or moisture left.

Pros:
-Thick smoke
-Moderate buzz
-Strong, fruity flavor

Cons:
-Dyed a deep, monkey-butt red
-Vaguely artificial flavor

Andrew's Thoughts:
I was skeptical coming into this review, as our first experience with Starbuzz didn't exactly live up to the incredible amount of hype surrounding it. However, as X on the Beach is one of their most popular flavors (unlike Plum), I was ready to give this stuff a shot at surprising me.

While the smoke itself wasn't anything supernatural, it was certainly capable of producing large clouds consistently, which isn't nothing. It was also largely smooth, and I had no real issues smoking it for the duration of the bowl. The flavor, however, was not perfect: while I did enjoy the taste to a certain extent, I was felt it was vaguely plasticky and artificial, as though the entire experience was manufactured in a lab somewhere. My paranoia aside, it tasted strongly of peach, pineapple and coconut, and once I was able to settle into the session, I had quite a good time. So while I won't say this is something everyone should go out and grab, I will admit there is something to all those excitedly misspelled forum posts (just kidding internets, you know I love you).

Eric's Thoughts:
This flavor, of all the flavors we've had recommended to us, has probably been suggested the most. So I was rather looking forward to this. But the entire time, there was that little thought in the back of my mind "What if they're all wrong?" Now please don't misunderstand me. Again, it has to do with how I typically respond to hype. And it certainly wouldn't be the first time the internet has lied to me. But luckily this time, there wasn't much for me to criticize. The Starbuzz X on the Beach, while still sporting its unnatural red color, smelled incredible. And it tasted just as great. The flavors can only be described as coming in layers, each leading to the next, typically coconut to pineapple to peach. Now whether this phenomenon is my own inability to mentally combine the flavors together, or if this is actually a strangely partitioned flavoring is probably for you to judge for yourself. Suffice it to say, this shisha had an amazing flavor and great smoke and I will more likely than not be buying it again.

Peanut Gallery:
(Caroline) Decent stuff–nice and fruity, but not too sweet. Very coconut-y.

Conclusion:
Solid smoking, highly recommended for anyone who already enjoys Starbuzz shisha. If you're new to the stuff, probably not a bad place to start, as it seems everyone but Andrew (read: the pretentious twat) thinks this stuff is fantastic.

B+

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

  1. Just to clarify- Eric, you said you WON'T be buying this again? Didn't seem in keeping with the rest of the review...
    <3 the resident grammar/accuracy freak (Beth)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will absolutely buy this again. This stuff is amazing IMO and I loved the flavor!
    (I said more likely than not be buying it again)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    The post is written in very a good manner and it entails many useful information for me. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post.

    Starbuzz Hookah Shisha

    ReplyDelete