Monday, August 17, 2009

Al Fakher Lemon Review

Brand/Flavor:
Al Fakher Lemon

Methodology:
-3 people, 40 hits/person over 40 minutes
-KM Kafae filled with cold water
-3 CocoNara coals on small Tangiers phunnel bowl

First Impressions:
Pretty choppy cut, dyed red and fairly moist. The smell is lemony, but strangely more herbal, kind of like a lemon Ricola cough drop.

Post Mortem:
Pretty moist, but very little left in the way of color.

Pros:
-Moderately pleasant lemon tea flavor (when detectable)
-None of the dry throat common to citrus flavors

Cons:
-Almost no taste at all

Andrew's Thoughts:
I wasn't expecting much out of this flavor, as we received it as a freebie from a very generous KBB, but I tried to suspend disbelief, as Al Fakher has treated us well before. The flavor was almost unnoticeable at first, and while it did strengthen over time, it never quite 'took off'. It tasted like a sweet, herbal lemon tea, and was fairly pleasant to smoke. However, I mostly felt like I was smoking a flavorless tobacco whose only purpose was practicing my smoke rings. While I won't have much trouble finishing off this pack, I just don't see myself spending money on this.

Eric's Thoughts:
When I opened the bag and took a sniff, I fully expected a nice natural lemon scent, clean and citrus-y, and while they certainly got the clean aspect of it down, that came at the cost of the lemon flavor, which to be honest, is kinda missing the point somewhat. Ever had lemon in your water before? That's kinda what this is like, nothing, but with a refreshing hint of lemon...if that refreshing hint of lemon was near unnoticeable half the time. The other half of the time, the lemon was there, but wasn't making any kind of real statement. So I guess if you're looking for a water with lemon shisha, this is the stuff for you. If you're looking for a flavor that doesn't intrude on your tastebuds, you can do worse than this, but in the end, it was big clouds and a whole lot of nothing else.

Conclusion:
Extremely light, lemony flavor makes Al Fakher Lemon a shisha we recommend only to the true minimalist. Enjoyable, but only barely.

C+

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment