Monday, August 31, 2009

King Moassel Pinana Review

Brand/Flavor:
King Moassel Pinana

Methodology:
-Al Fakher Solid 36" filled with ice water, Mya bowl, 2 Coco Naras
-3 people with 20 hits/person over 20 minutes

First Impressions:
Smelled like a weird hyper-artificial banana.

Post Mortem:
Still reasonably moist, probably about half cooked.

Pros:
-Produced lots of smoke

Cons:
-Smoke tasted like crappy tobacco

Andrew's Thoughts:
I got this for free, and I'm thoroughly unsurprised to say that this tobacco completely lived up to my lack of expectations. I could taste the tobacco itself vaporizing, as there was almost no flavor to speak of. What little there was could only be very tenuously described as a candy banana, but it could just as easily have been my imagination. It took serious effort to keep smoking this beyond the first round, and I'm not sure it was worth the years it probably took off my life.

Eric's Thoughts:
This pack of King Moassel was sent to us for free with Andrew's AF hookah. Now we had basically forgotten about this stuff. But, due to the less than perfect results the Tangiers had been giving us all night. After a while, we decided to just throw this stuff in a bowl and see what happened. It smelled like Runts bananas, if you know what that tastes like. Basically think of the most artificial banana flavor you've ever had, whether it was in Runts, liqueur or popsicle form. It basically tastes like that, only worse. Probably the only redeeming quality of this stuff was the smoke it produced, which was reasonably impressive. However, the large dense clouds of smoke was not nearly enough to offset the nasty taste in my mouth. Bottom line, will not buy again, probably won't ever smoke it again either.

Peanut Gallery:
(Caroline)
Banana-flavored horror. Do not buy.

Conclusion:
Recommending this to anyone would border on cruelty. Stay away.

D+

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

  1. I tried the pinana and loved it, I suggest that you completely wash your hookah in and out in order to make sure the old flavors are not cross contaminating it, this same thing happened to me when I tried pinana first on my friends hooka, but when I used my hookah , it tasted a lot better

    ReplyDelete